Backdrop is a simple utility to fill your screen with a giant blank window. Fill the window with a solid color or a custom image, your choice. ALSO, includes a Pixel Test mode to check for bad pixels on your displays.
Backdrop is useful for:
* Screenshots - take screenshots of one or many windows without having to clean up your desktop
* One thing at a time - Use Backdrop in between applications to let you focus on a few windows at a time. Want just one window of an app? Switch to Backdrop, then use Expose to pick out the window.
* Web design - create a full size image with outlines of more common screen sizes to help to check how your pages will look on different monitors
* Pixel Test - run the Pixel Test to see red, green, blue, white, and black to check for "bad" or "stuck" pixels on your displays.
* Supports multiple displays
* Set a color or a custom image
* Pixel Test mode
* Remains in the background during Exposé
* Works well with Spaces
Download for free from the Mac Appstore